va.ste.eco evolution CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO ISO 50001
As one of the most modern and trustworthy companies and being characterized by strong vision our company va.ste.eco evolution now constitutes one of the first holders of ISO 50001: 2011 in Greece. Additionally, the company is certified for the quality of its products and services, environmental management, employee health & safety and social responsibility in accordance with ISO standards.
Recently, with innovation mood and giving emphasis on environmental protection it has been evaluated for the Energy Management System (EMS), which has been certified with ISO 9001 by the British Accreditation Organization UKAS. The certified EMS concerns:
- the operation of the recycling plant’s sorting process and
- the collection-transport of non-hazardous solid waste.
The energy being consumed in the operation of the plant, during the use of all the machines and through the vehicles’ operation is vital for the organizational function of the productive activities. It is an important cost factor, both in economic and environmental meaning, which we are called to minimize as amount and improve as quality. va.ste.eco undertakes to:
- continually improve the use of energy resources and reduce carbon dioxide emissions in a systematic manner
- prioritize the adoption of new, energy efficient technologies and measures
- provide a framework to promote energy efficiency throughout the supply chain
- present the parties concerned its commitment to comply with best practices on environmental protection
- sustainably reduce the cost of productive activities
The development and implementation of ISO 50001: 2011 for Energy Management System recognizes the responsibilities and obligations of our business towards people, society, environment and the defense of sustainability in general.